Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Hand

Here's a shot from my birthday - Micah and Greg decorated the cake. I also got a fire truck balloon and an elephant and flower made out of modeling clay :)
So we've been going through the developmental stage with Micah where he is testing the waters with the whole "lying" bit. We're seeing progress, however, here is an example of what happened the other day:
Mommy: Ouch! Micah, did you just hit Mommy on the bottom with a hanger?
Micah: (holding a plastic baby hanger in his hand) No. I didn't.
Mommy: Micah, are you telling me the truth? Did you hit me with a hanger?
Micah: No.
Mommy: Well, Micah, then who hit me?
Micah: Savannah did.
Mommy: Micah, how did Savannah hit me with a hanger when I was right here with her, holding her on the changing table?
Micah: Well Savannah did it because she has a really big hand and she came around and she hit you like this - whack.
Mommy: Micah, you need to go to your room...now.
Disclaimer for Micah: He actually didn't hit me on purpose the first time - he was just being to wild and waving the hanger around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! I just love his explanations! But in all seriousness we are having the same struggle with Reid. It sure can be frustrating!!!
Hang in there. We will pray for you every time Reid lies.~Tam

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories of childhood lies and excuses! I remember one time i spilled a whole bunch of dog food in the garage and blamed it on a family of mice. And then another time I ate a whole bunch of candy and hid the wrappers underneath the couch and also blamed it on mice. Mice can come in handy. Maybe it was a mouse who hit you on the bottom with a hanger?