Sunday, February 1, 2009

Still no ground


We haven't seen the ground in weeks, but somehow, I'm OK with that...I think the snow is beautiful. Micah and I got out yesterday for a few minutes while Savannah napped and we built a snow fort. Well, I built a snow fort and Micah added much too emphatically, "Mom, it's not big enough." Well, you know, Micah, some kids in Africa don't have any snow forts at all.

Today it actually reached 35 or so and you would have thought it was spring. Apparently I am not the only one who had the bright idea of washing all the grime off our vehicles while it was warm enough not to freeze the water right away. There was a line of about eight cars at the car wash...Yes, we do have more than one car wash, but it's Sunday. So all other car washes are closed b/c it is a sin to wash your car on Sunday in West Michigan. And to mow your lawn. And drink alcohol. (OK, that might be a bit of an exaggeration. But a lot of things really are closed here on Sundays...and we don't even have a Chick-Fil-A. And- just so it doesn't seem like I'm slammin' GR - we really do love living here. The people we've met have richly blessed our lives.) ***Ooooh*** I just got clobbered by my ecstatic husband b/c the red team in the Super Bowl just sacked the quarterback in the yellow pants. And wow...He has a very long last name. I'm just here for the companionship and commercials :)

And yes, for those of you who check this blog for pics and updates of the kiddos...they're doing pretty well :) Savannah is trying to get over a cold that just won't give up. She probably has nightmares of Mommy coming after her with a rag to wipe her nose. She's still her cute little self, though. Now she's starting to "talk" and do what I call the happy dance. She rocks back and forth while smiling and saying "wawawawawa". ADORable. :)

Micah is doing great. We signed him up for preschool in the Fall. His new thing is to say, "It's not fair" over anything he disagrees with. Isn't that supposed to come much later...like in pre-adolescence? Oh dear.

I just finished the Kent County Library's One Book, One County read...It was "The Highest Tide" by Jim Lynch. It takes place in WA on the Puget Sound, which was very cool since that's where my dad lives. A little on the crass side for me at points in the book, but overall very entertaining. I totally got into all the marine biology trivia.

OK - the ball is right next to the end zone. I should sign off before I get clobbered again :)

No comments: