Friday, March 13, 2009

The big O-N-E








Our little girl turned one. I simply can't believe how fast this year flew by. It seems I was just hobbling around recovering from a c-section and swaddling that precious punkin...and now she's crawling full force ahead into toddlerdom. She's just the cutest thing :)
We didn't do much for her birthday...just cake and balloons and presents with the four of us. When we gave her, her cake she had this incredulous look on her face like, "Are you for real? You're REALLY going to let me have this? wow. OK...I still don't believe you, but this is going to be amazing..." And she LOVED it. Once again showing how very different our two offspring are. Micah didn't even want to touch it. She dug right in and giggled and squealed her way through every bite. And then she got a sugar rush...hilarious. Micah gave her a big pink ball and she was all over the place with it. It was a fun, high energy, chaotic evening...perfect for a one year old.
Some of her latest tricks are:
*looking at me, then crawling as fast as she can for the bathroom, pulling up on the toilet and putting her hands in the water...disGUSTing.
*pretending to brush her hair with her baby hair brush
*holding onto the same toy for an hour or so and crawling with it all around the house (seriously...I had to steal a toy from the church a few Sundays ago b/c she wouldn't let go. I returned it, though, in case you're thinking of turning me in.)
*she likes to dance to music or with you - esp. in her high chair.
*putting all kinds of random, small things in her mouth - I have GOT to keep my floor more clean!
*she's not as much into books as her brother was, nor is she into trying to say words or communicate...she's rather just explore and play.
*she goes to bed GREAT. Thank you, Lord.
*she's serious about her pacifier and her juice cup.
And a couple things Micah has said recently:
-"Mom, you rock the house."
-Today I asked him if he wanted a snack and he says, "Well, first I need to go pee pee and then we can talk about it later."
- To his buddy next door, "Ethan, your baby sister is just adorable."

1 comment:

Leslie said...

She's so pretty, Shawna! I can't believe it's been a year already. I miss your beautiful family.