Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's a Poo Poo Party!!


At last!! A week ago I sat Micah down on his little potty to see what would happen...and what do you know? He finally went poo poo! He was so proud of himself. He ran to me saying, "Mommy! Mommy!! I went poo poo in potty!" So from there we began a day long celebration culminating in the first ever Duvall Poo Poo Party '08, complete with a cake (with sprinkles on the icing), toostie rolls (the appropriate candy, we thought), party hats, balloons and singing. Micah made up a song based on the children's tune, "I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and bananas"...He says, "I like to poop, poop, poop, poo poo in my potty." And we also sang a fitting variation of "Happy Birthday to You". I know, I know...sounds like we're a bit overboard and on the edge of crazy around here, but hey - you've got to enjoy great moments in life when they come and make the most of them, right? He is proudly bouncing around the house in his new Thomas the Train undies and hasn't had an accident...yet :)

Today marked day #2 of going #2...so maybe we're really on a roll.

3 comments:

The Smiths said...

That is AWESOME!!! The coolest idea EVER! Here's three cheers for creative parenting!
-Victoria

Chrissy and Jonathan said...

ha hahahahahahaha. I LOVE that photo. It MUST come out at some significant event in Micah's life in the future (like graduation, marriage...something!).

Andy, Ashley, Katie, and Nathaniel Cavanagh said...

What can I say? I wish I could have been at the Poopoo party. Sounds right up my alley.