Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Springtime in GR

Our peonies in the backyard. What a beautiful God we must have that He would create something so delicate and so lovely.

Micah's tower in the basement. I think he surprised himself with his success :)

Savannah at 3 months. Our little ray of sunshine.

The weather has warmed up and it seems all those wild and fierce storms have mostly blown through. Everything is green and still moist from the week long drenching. Today I took the kids to a nearby park and enjoyed the beauty of the blue sky and varying shades of green foliage. Micah wanted endless underdogs on the swing (thank you, Uncle Jonathan) and Savannah snoozed in the stroller. Yesterday was just as breathtaking...one of those days that makes your soul sing. Mine did. Here's an except from my journal...a Psalm to our Creator King I wrote as I sat on the back deck meditating on the life around me:
"Oh, beautiful day! I want to wrap myself up in it. The wind blowing through the towering trees moves my mind to dwell on your Spirit...blowing over, in and through me; The sun, of your power and boundless Energy; The rich greens and songs of the birds of new life that You alone can give; The fresh air rushing into my lungs, the pristine blue sky, of what it truly means to be alive in You. My source. My breath. My life. My song. Oh! Glorious day...Glorious God!"

2 comments:

Chrissy and Jonathan said...

What a wonderful and encouraging post. Thank you for sharing that psalm. I'm going to come back to it.
Did you know that I'm preparing to post a photo of MY peonies on the blog too? :) Hehe...great minds think alike. I love the tower that Micah built and the cute little smile on Savannah's face (and her little pudgy arms). It was good talking to you on the phone yesterday. :)

Chrissy and Jonathan said...

I figured that by showing micah the underdog swing I would be unleashing a monster...but then I thought to myself..."hey, he isn't my kid, and I don't see him that often, so what the heck". My next gift to you all will be a new toy with lights and annoying, piercing sounds that can't be shut off. On second thought, maybe I'll get him two. So they can be in harmonious cacophony